TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE TELEBETTING SERVICE
1.1 Please ensure that You read and understand these terms prior to registering with us. We recommend that You print out the terms and store them safely along with all Your confirmation e-mails, hand written correspondence, transaction data, product rules, Telebetting welcome pack, and payment methods relevant to Your use of our products and services.
1.2 A term and condition (referred to as "term") is a component of the contract between "You" (the customer) and "us" (the applicable Gala Coral Group entity, as specified in section 2 "Parties"). It creates the legal background for the relationship between the parties and can be applied generically across all the products, used via whatever mechanism offered.
1.3 To complement the more generic terms there are product specific rules ("rules"), which govern the particular event, market and/or product upon which You are placing a bet. The terms thereby underpin the contractual relationship with the rules providing the product specific detail.
Please click here to view coral.co.uk's Bingo Specific Terms and Conditions
Please click here to view coral.co.uk's Casino and Games Specific Rules
Please click here to view coral.co.uk's Policy on Unfair Advantage Programs
Please click here to view coral.co.uk's Sports Rules
Please click here to view Sports Governing Body Information
Please click here to view coral.co.uk's Bingo, Game and Casino Help Files
Please click here to view coral.co.uk's Lotto Rules
Please click here to view coral.co.uk's Poker Rules.
Please click here to view coral.co.uk's General Promotional Terms & Conditions.
1.4 By using the website and/or Telebetting service You acknowledge there is a risk of losing money and You accept full responsibility for such losses.
1.5 By entering any details into the website, and/or using any website or Telebetting service, or by opening an account with the relevant Gala Coral Group company, You agree that:
- You have the mental capacity to take responsibility for Your own actions and can enter into a contract with us, which is enforceable by law;
- You are bound by the applicable rules relating to the games or products You are playing; and
- You are responsible for complying with Your applicable local or national laws and will not access our website and /or Telebetting service from a country where we have restricted access for commercial or legal reasons.
1.7 If You are unsure about the meaning of any betting or gaming terminology You should contact Customer Services and should not place a bet or game on any event until You are confident that You fully understand the relevant betting or gaming terminology.
We do not accept any responsibility, and are not liable to You, if You bet or game using our products or services but are unsure of the meaning of any betting or gaming terminology.
Where we intend to make significant changes we will notify You using one of the following methods:
- post; and/or
- email (to the email address You have currently supplied us with); and/or
- a notice on the website; and/or
- a notice in the Racing Post; and/or
- any other appropriate method.
1.9 If You do not accept any changes that have been made to the terms You should stop using our products and services. Any bets or wagers received, but not settled prior to the introduction of the updated terms, will be subject to the version of the terms applicable at the time Your bet or wager was received. These terms are effective from 2.10.2012 and supersede all previous versions.
2.1 References in the terms to "the Company", "we" or to "us" will relate to Gala Coral Group company and the product it is responsible for.
If You are betting or gaming on any product on the "website" (defined as coral.co.uk, and/or the coral.co.uk downloadable Casino, and/or the coral.co.uk downloadable Poker Client, and/or Coral Mobile, and/or any other remote product we may offer from time to time), Coral Interactive (Gibraltar) Limited is the operating company.
Coral Interactive (Gibraltar) Limited is a subsidiary of Gala Interactive (Gibraltar) Limited (company number 106322) which is licensed by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner under the Gibraltar Gambling Act 2005 (RGL 059 (Casino) and RGL 060 (Fixed Odds Betting)). The licensed address for both companies is 2nd Floor, Regal House, Queensway, Gibraltar. Both companies are subsidiaries of Gala Coral Interactive (Gibraltar) Limited (company number 106169).
If You are betting on the Telebetting service, please note that Coral Racing Limited is the operating company, licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission(licence number – 000-002360-R-102406-004, licensed address - Coral Racing Limited is Coral Racing Limited, 71 Queensway, London, W2 4QH).
In respect of the website, You should be aware that these terms apply equally irrespective of whether the products are accessed via a desktop browser, mobile browser, mobile, tablet device, or any other digital device.
3. OPENING AN ACCOUNT
3.1 In order to place a bet using the Telebetting service or place a bet or play a game via the website, You will need to open an account with Coral. If You open an account on the website You will also be able to bet on the Telebetting service using those account details. If You open a Telebetting account, You can arrange to use this account on the website by liaising with Customer Services.
As part of opening Your account You will be required to provide personal details such as Your name, date of birth, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
3.2 Customers are only permitted to have one account for use on the website and Telebetting service and these personal details supplied for this account will be confirmed through our verification process. However, if You wish to open a credit account You can do so in addition to Your deposit account. Please see 3.5 below for more information.
We may take the decision to close account/s, make void all activity on duplicate account/s and/or reclaim any illegitimately paid bonuses or payouts where the following has occurred:
- Our verification process identifies additional accounts opened by You;
- Our service to You has previously been permanently terminated; or
- Your activity and gameplay attempts to bypass our system controls on bonus qualification or stake limits.
Deliberate attempts to falsify account details may lead to the closure of ALL related accounts.
3.3 In accordance with our Responsible Gambling policy and the procedures detailed within this document, You are able to set a deposit limit when You first deposit and at any time after that first deposit. Any changes to such limits will only apply to the account against which the limits have been set. Separate limits will need to be set on any other accounts You may hold with Coral Interactive (Gibraltar) Ltd.
3.4 We will take all reasonable measures to ensure Your deposit limit is observed. However, we will not be liable to You if You circumvent our procedures and top Your account up with funds exceeding Your limit.
3.5 Credit Accounts are available for use on the Telebetting service and website, although use is limited to website sportsbook and lotto betting. An application form is available on request (Contact Number – 08457 581527) and the following terms will apply:
- a confidential Credit Account number will be issued to You for Your personal use and should always be kept private. It is Your responsibility to keep Your credit account number secure and confidential. We cannot be held liable for any losses caused by a third party accessing Your account, using the correct account number;
we operate the following credit account settlement terms:
- where the statement displays an amount due for settlement, You must pay the full amount within seven days of the statement being issued;
- a balance under £20, either negative or positive, will be carried forward to the next accounting period;
- any positive balance of £20 or more will be repaid at the statement date, using the designated payment method.
- all bets will be charged to Your account at the time of bet placement;
- the credit limit applied will operate on a 14 day accounting period. If the credit limit is reached during that time, further deposits can be accepted on debit and credit cards, or cash can be deposited into one of our shops to reduce the balance;
- where an outstanding balance remains unpaid after the due date we may, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to us, recover the debt and refer the collection of the balance owed to an external debt collection agency, and/or freeze the credit facility;
- once a request to increase a credit limit has been authorised it will not then be effective for a further 24 hours ("24 hour cooling off period"), and this will always be confirmed in writing. We are not permitted to allow credit accounts to exceed the credit limit at any time. Reductions of credit limits can be made at any time and on receipt of request will be effective immediately.
4. ACCOUNT VERIFICATION
4.1 As part of the registration verification process we may make use of credit reference agencies to confirm Your identity and card details. This process will involve checking the disclosed details against certain (public or private) databases.
4.3 As a condition of opening an account You confirm and we are entitled to verify that:
You are over 18 years of age;
- You are reminded that it may be an offence for You to participate in gambling if You are under 18 years of age or the age at which gambling or gaming activities are legal under the law or jurisdiction that applies to You;
- You have provided Your name;
- You are resident at Your stated address; and
- You are not party to a current self-exclusion agreement with us.
As part of this process there may be requests for supporting ID which You will be advised of at the time.
4.4 If the verification process has not been completed satisfactorily within 72 hours of depositing funds or funds crediting Your account from any other source, we may:
- freeze Your account; and/or
- prevent You from placing any further bets until these verification checks are completed satisfactorily.
4.5 If, upon completion of the KYC (Know Your Customer) verification, we are unable to verify Your details or You are ultimately shown to be underage or unable and/or unwilling to provide proof of Your residential address, or other information required to verify Your identity, we will within a reasonable time:
- return any residual balance, up to the value of Your initial deposits, at the time of the unsuccessful verification however;
- any excess winnings will not be credited.
4.6 We may decide to carry out further verification checks or request extra documents to confirm Your identity, age and address at any time. This is to satisfy our licence obligations, routine security checks and to safeguard the integrity of Your account.
5. USERNAME, PASSWORD, & CUSTOMER INFORMATION
5.1 It is important for You to be aware of the following username and password information:
- the username and password You choose to enable access must be kept secure and personal;
- if You think Your password may be known by someone else You can change it, at any time, by clicking My Account at the top of the coral.co.uk home page on your PC, then Change Password, or via Customer Services;
- lost or forgotten passwords can be reset via coral.co.uk on your PC or customer services, at any time, upon successful verification of supplementary account details that You will be asked to supply.
5.2 Be careful when choosing security details that may be known by family members, particularly children or anyone under 18. Any third party, including anyone under 18, must not be permitted to use Your account and cannot accept any winnings on Your behalf. Contact us to enquire about filtering software (Responsible Gambling) that will be compatible with the website.
5.3 We will not be liable if You disclose Your username, password, or account number to another party. If a third party becomes aware of Your username, password or account number, then bets or wagers placed by third parties will be considered valid. You should contact us in any circumstances where You believe Your account has been compromised.
5.4 It is Your sole responsibility to ensure that the information supplied to us is at all times both accurate and current, and to advise us of any changes at the earliest opportunity. Failure to do so may cause Your account to be suspended, if any routine verification checks raise a difference that we have not been made aware of.
6. DEPOSITS, WITHDRAWALS AND MONEY LAUNDERING
6.1 Our HELP section details the payment options, and any associated charges, currently offered when You make a deposit or withdrawal from an account.
6.2 You must ensure that You use a payment method which belongs to You and is registered in Your name. Only one payment method can be used on an account at any given time. Where more than one payment method has been used we reserve the right to ensure that payouts are made in accordance with rules designed to minimise fraud. This can include partial payments to previously used deposit types, where applicable.
6.3 No withdrawal will be processed until we have satisfactorily completed the verification process, as per section 4 of these terms.
6.4 Where deposits and withdrawals exceed agreed limits, and in accordance with regulatory and statutory Anti-Money Laundering guidelines, it may be necessary to carry out further customer verification to meet our Licence obligations.
6.5 When using our Telebetting service, it should be noted that there is total minimum call stake of £10 and a minimum card deposit of £5.
6.6 Deposits will be held in Your account and You will be able to move seamlessly between the various elements of the website and Telebetting service.
6.7 Provided payments have been confirmed and You have successfully completed our verification processes funds can be withdrawn from Your account at any time. When moving between the products on our website or Telebetting service, please be aware that You are accepting any specific rules and terms relating to the betting or gaming product You are using.
6.8 If required, it will remain Your responsibility to report any winnings and losses to Your local law or tax or other authorities. We will not be liable to these authorities for any of Your personal taxes.
6.9 Deposits made by bank transfer, debit or credit cards will not be charged by us, although Your payment provider may make a charge. However, You should be aware that some credit card companies regard betting transactions as "cash" and may attach a fixed and/or interest charge from the date of payment. Withdrawals to UK debit cards, credit cards and via bank transfer to UK bank accounts will also not be charged.
6.10 Bank charges will apply to the transfer of deposits and withdrawals to international bank accounts. Payment of these charges will be Your responsibility and may vary according to the amount of money transferred.
6.11 If the level of deposits and withdrawals does not correspond to a sufficient volume of play, we may decide to pass on associated charges to You. You are responsible for paying any associated charges to us, either on demand or where there are sufficient funds in Your account by debiting these charges from Your account.
6.12 If Your gameplay leads us to believe that You have been abusing exchange rate fluctuations, we may decide to charge commission on such transactions. Our currency exchange rates will reflect the daily rates published in the Financial Times.
6.13 We reserve the right to suspend and close any account which is not being used for the purpose of play on our products. The reasons for this include but are not limited to exchange rate abuse and deposits without corresponding play, as specified in 6.11 and 6.12.
6.14 You are only permitted to bet up to the amount deposited in Your account. However, this deposit limit does not apply if You have a credit account which enables You to use Your credit facility to place bets on sportsbook or lotto markets only.
6.15 Funds held in Your account will not entitle You to interest. We do not hold Your funds separately from our corporate funds and they are not subject to any specific trust arrangement. All Client funds are held directly by Coral Interactive (Gibraltar) Ltd which is licensed by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
7. FREEZING AND CLOSING AN ACCOUNT
7.1 There may be circumstances where we are required to freeze the monies in Your account which will prevent You from using our website or Telebetting service, and at the same time supply relevant customer details to the applicable authority, regulator, external party etc. These actions will be taken where we have reason to believe that Your account may be used for, including but not limited to, the following activities (see also section 3.2):
- fraud or attempt to defraud;
- money laundering, including where this is linked to terrorist funding;
- jeopardising the integrity of the sports or events on which we offer betting markets;
- involvement in collusion, match rigging or cheating of any kind;
- we have reason to believe You are under 18 years old;
- You are in a jurisdiction (or citizen of a jurisdiction) that makes the provision of our products or services to You or Your use of them illegal;
- You are trying to use our products or services from any other territory where we do not accept custom;
- Bonus or promotional abuse.
If our investigations are ongoing and there are still unresolved issues which remain we will continue to freeze Your account or we may take the decision to close it.
7.2 We have the right to close Your account at any time for any reason.
7.3 You can close Your account at any time, so long as monies are not owed to us. If You want to close Your account You should inform us either in writing, via e-mail, fax or letter, using the details found in our Contact Us section. Should You wish to resume betting or gaming with us, You will be required to reactivate the existing account, as You cannot open a new account.
7.4 Once we receive confirmation that You wish to close Your account, if requested, You shall be sent the value of the balance currently in Your account by a method of payment determined by us. If at the time of requesting account closure there are still outstanding bets, where the result is not yet known, then if the bet/s subsequently wins the corresponding sums shall be sent, upon request, once the event has been settled.
7.5 You agree not to make any chargebacks, reversals or cancel any deposits into Your account. However, if these events take place You agree to refund and compensate us for such unpaid deposits, including any expenses incurred by us in the process of collecting Your deposit. It is agreed by You that charging back any valid deposited funds will be considered a breach of this Agreement and permits us to close Your account and terminate our relationship.
8. DORMANT ACCOUNT
8.1 For standard (deposit/debit) accounts, if Your account has not been used to place a bet for 400 days Your account will be deemed dormant and subject to Dormancy Fees.
8.2 When an account becomes dormant, we will charge a Dormancy Fee of 5% of the account balance on the day the account is considered dormant, or an amount of £2 (or currency equivalent), whichever is greater. The Dormancy Fee will be charged on the day the account is considered dormant, and the first day of each calendar month thereafter.
8.3 The Dormancy Fee will continue to be deducted until either the account balance has been reduced to zero, or Your account is reactivated by You placing a bet.
8.4 We will endeavour to make every effort to contact You, using the most recent details that we have been provided by You, with regards to Your account balance before Your account becomes dormant.
8.5 If Dormancy Fees have been charged to Your account, You may, in certain circumstances, be able to reclaim these by contacting our Customer Service team.
8.6 When activity resumes on an account which has been inactive for a period we may perform additional security checks to ensure access is legitimate and to safeguard the integrity of Your account. This may result in a request for additional information and/or the temporary suspension of Your account while the checks are carried out, especially if any of Your personal details, payment details or contact information have become out-of-date.
8.7 For credit accounts, if Your account remains unused for 12 weeks and there is an outstanding balance, as per term 3.9, then You will be written to and settlement in full requested.
10. PROMOTIONAL OFFERS
10.1 From time to time we offer new and/or existing customers various promotional offers.
10.2 The terms of these promotional offers will be clearly stated for each individual promotion. It is Your responsibility to ensure that these terms are fulfilled in order to qualify for the respective bonus, credit or prize, and also to facilitate any subsequent withdrawal. These promotional terms are to be read in conjunction with these terms.
10.3 If there is any ambiguity between these Terms and the promotion specific Terms, then these terms will prevail.
10.4 Promotional offers are restricted to one per customer, unless otherwise stated in the terms.
10.5 Where promotional funds are provided for sportsbook betting, the "free bet" stake will not be included in any return.
11. NORMAL "WORKING" HOURS
11.1 Our Customer Service department's standard working hours are usually 24/7.
11.2 Our telephone betting service is available from Monday – Friday 9:30am – 10:45pm, Saturday 8:30am – 10:45pm, Sunday 10am – 10:45pm.
11.3 We will aim to ensure that the website is available 24/7, although we will not be liable if the site is unavailable outside of the stated working hours. Please refer to our Liability section (section 27) for more detail.
12. PLACING YOUR BETS
12.1 Your ability to place a bet is limited by the amount of money available in Your account. At the time Your bet is placed and accepted, the corresponding stake value is deducted from Your available account balance.
12.2 When betting on the website You must check that the bet instructions are correct before submitting for confirmation. However, with any submission we reserve the right to:
- refuse a bet;
- accept only part of a bet; or
- propose a different stake size or price for the selected bet.
12.3 When placing and accepting a bet via the telephone You must:
confirm the bet details are correct;
- it is important that any inaccuracies are highlighted at this stage, as the bet will not be changed once the telephonist has verbally confirmed the details at the end of the call;
prior to terminating the call, You should ensure the telephonist has confirmed that the bet has been accepted and the funds are available;
- if the call is terminated prior to verbal confirmation then it is Your responsibility to call back and restate the bet details. If this follow up call is not received then the bet will remain as quoted by You prior to the call termination, providing there are sufficient funds available and subject to Your instructions being acceptable to us;
- we may take the decision to refuse any bet either in whole or in part.
12.4 We recommend that You retain a copy of any transaction records, merchant policies and/or our terms. If at any time there is disagreement regarding the bet details then we will refer to our records of the transaction and base our subsequent decision on this information.
13. VALID BETS AND WAGERS
13.1 Subject to the exceptions below, for pre-event bets a bet or wager is only considered valid following the generation of a transaction identification number (TIN), and the deduction of the relevant stake. All In-Play bets are only confirmed after an uninterrupted pending period has completed and the bet has not been cancelled or made void for any reason, including market suspension:
- with Tote Pool betting a TIN is generated when the bet is submitted to the Tote Pool but acceptance is only confirmed once the bet status has changed from "pending" to "running" in Your List of Bets. However if a Tote Pool bet has been placed via our Telebetting service, then acceptance is at the point that the operator has verbally confirmed the bet details and then placed the bet in the Tote Pool. Any Tote Pool bet that has not been officially transmitted into the Tote Pool, during this process, will be deemed void.
- bet placement is not prohibited by any term of Your employment contract or any Sport's Governing Body rule which applies to You; and
- You are not aware of any circumstances which would make the placing of the bet a breach of a betting rule being applied by a sport's governing body.
If any bet placed by You is found to be false and in contravention of this term, we will have the right to withhold any and all winnings, and Your stake will be forfeited win or lose. Your data will also be passed to the relevant sports' governing body, regulator and/or to the UK Gambling Commission or Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner as required by our licence conditions.
14. BREACH OF TERMS
14.1 We may decide to refuse a bet or any part of the bet offered to us, void any accepted bets and withhold settlement, if we believe You are in breach of any of the terms of our Agreement including but not limited to where we are of the belief that:
- You are under 18 years of age;
- You are involved in fraud, money laundering, collusion, match rigging or cheating of any kind;
- You are trying to use our products or services from a restricted territory;
- You are placing bets or wagers that are in contravention of the laws in Your country or place of residence; and/or
- the placing of a bet may put at risk the integrity of the relevant sport's governing body.
14.2 In addition, any such breach will be regarded as a material breach and entitle us to terminate our Agreement with You immediately. As a result of Your actions we may use monies in Your account to settle any liabilities we may incur.
15. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS
15.1 Gambling is a dynamic, fast moving activity which can lead to the occasional mistake being made. For examples of some "obvious errors", see below:
- a bet is accepted at a price or market condition which is significantly different from those available in the market at the time the bet was placed;
- in the context of normal betting business, and the probability of the event occurring, a bet is accepted at a price which is obviously incorrect;
- Where winnings are so obviously incorrect or materially different to those available in the market that this is a clear error or omission eg: Full House Win= £2500 and One Line Win= £6000.
- bets have continued to be accepted on a market which should have been suspended, or the market has already closed, which are sometimes referred to as "late bets"; and/or
- Odds have been misquoted as a result of market information being set up incorrectly or due to computer malfunction.
15.2 We will always aim to ensure accuracy but cannot accept responsibility for any obvious errors or omissions in relation to the announcing, publishing or marking of prices, the late closing of markets, place terms, handicaps and/or runners. Where these circumstances have arisen:
- we will not pay winnings any higher than those prices available in the general market;
- we will either settle the bet at the correct price or on terms available with us at the time the bet was struck;
- if You are able to confirm the best price or terms available at the following bookmakers – Ladbrokes, William Hill, or BetFred - we may decide to settle the bet in accordance with these terms, if supporting information can be supplied.
If such circumstances arise we can either deduct any winnings paid out to You from Your account or if no such funds are available You shall re-imburse this amount to us on demand.
15.3 If any sum is incorrectly credited to Your account or incorrect stakes are deducted You are obliged to notify us. We are permitted to reverse such credits and/or recover such sums from You, with interest, if withdrawn. If You use the sums improperly credited to place bets, or where stakes have not been deducted, we can void all such bets and reverse any winnings. If necessary, we are permitted to off-set any subsequent amounts You deposit or win with us to make good this liability.
16. ODDS COMPARISON SITES
16.1 When using odds comparison sites, You are responsible for ensuring that the bet details submitted for acceptance are as actually intended by You, as the bettor.
16.2 Where a bet is accepted, from such a site, as a result of an incorrect link or incorrectly displayed price, the bet will be settled in accordance with the event for which it was actually accepted (as identified in Your List Of Bets). This is unless it has been cancelled, by mutual consent, prior to the start of the event.
17. COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
17.1 In this section any “complaint “which refers to the general conduct of the licensed activities, other than the settlement of the transaction itself, will remain categorised as a complaint through the internal complaints procedure. Ultimately it will be the Customer Management Director’s response, where escalated, which represents the final stage of this procedure.
Where the “complaint” refers to the settlement of a betting transaction, it will become a dispute where:
- it is not resolved at the first stage of the complaints procedure and is escalated to the Customer Management Director;
- following the response from the Customer Management Director, the complainant remains dissatisfied and subsequently refers the matter to the applicable external body for adjudication.
Complaints will not be heard by us if they are not raised with our Customer Services within six months of the event which the bet related to occurred.
17.2 During this process all telephone and e-mail communications with You and any other person may be recorded. If the contents of these communications are disputed, then we will consult these records and these will be key in our decision making process, unless additional evidence is presented.
17.3 During the resolution process You must agree not to reveal the existence or detail of any complaints or disputes to any third party, which could include discussions in chat rooms or equivalent forums. If confidentiality is broken, then so are the terms applying to this process and as a result the resolution process will be put on hold. In these circumstances we will also have the ability to freeze and potentially close Your account.
The complaints procedure is as follows:
- You should initially contact Customer Services (see Help Page) and an advisor will investigate the enquiry and respond to it. The advisor will log the call/message and make notes on their response;
- should Your enquiry not be resolved at this stage, the matter should be referred by You, in writing, to Your nominated Customer Services representative. At this point it will be recorded as a complaint;
- the nominated Customer Services representative will review Your complaint and communicate their decision to You. If You remain dissatisfied You may escalate the matter to the Customer Management Director, at which time it will be recorded as a dispute if it relates to a betting transaction.
17.5 Complaints and Disputes Resolution Policy
The complaints and disputes resolution policy is as follows:
- upon receipt of an escalated complaint, the Customer Management Director will obtain a report from the nominated Customer Services representative, carry out any further necessary investigation and respond to You;
- the Customer Management Director’s response represents the final stage of the internal complaints and disputes procedure;
however, if You are still dissatisfied, and the dispute relates to the settlement of a betting or gaming transaction, You may escalate the matter externally to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
- The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) acts as an impartial adjudicator on disputes that arise between betting / gambling operators and their customers, after they have been through the operator’s own internal dispute procedures and if deadlock exists;
- the IBAS panel of betting experts apply their specialist knowledge to the facts and will adjudicate by reference to these terms but do not rule on complex legal issues. As well as offering effective dispute resolution procedures, IBAS also check that we have complied with the standards set by the Gambling Commission and/or Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner and with the IBAS terms and conditions of registration. IBAS can be contacted at www.ibas-uk.com or via telephone on +44 (0)207 347 5883 or via post at IBAS, PO Box 62639, London EC3P 3AS;
- You may refer a dispute to IBAS at any time following the conclusion of our review of the dispute, so long as this is within six months of the date when the dispute arose.
- Without prejudice to any legal rights, IBAS rulings are binding on both parties to a dispute, on the understanding that full facts are presented by all the parties involved.
- Customers who are dissatisfied with the outcome of a complaint or challenge any process detailed in this section may raise the matter with the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner, which requires the complainant to complete a Complaint Resolution Request Form. However the Commissioner stresses that other than in exceptional circumstances, all complaints should first be directed towards us to deal with.
18.1 We will take the strongest criminal and contractual measures against You if You are found to be involved in fraud. If You are alleged or suspected of fraud we will deny payment to You and notify the appropriate authorities, for example SOCA.
18.2 You will be liable to pay us, on demand, all costs, charges or losses experienced by us, as a result of any fraudulent activity by You. This will include any direct, indirect or consequential losses, any loss of profit and loss of reputation, arising directly or indirectly from Your fraud, dishonesty or criminal act.
19.1. Collusion occurs when two or more customers attempt to gain an unfair advantage, over other customers, by sharing knowledge of games or other information.
19.2 You may be permanently banned from using our products and services, and Your account may be terminated immediately if You attempt to collude, or actually collude with any other customer.
19.3 Where possible, registered complaints will be investigated against customers suspected of collusion. If we are made aware of suspected collusive behaviour, during play, we may at our sole discretion decide to terminate suspected customers access to the service and/or block their accounts. However under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss experienced by You as a result of the collusive or unlawful activity of any person using the service or software.
19.4 For the avoidance of doubt, collusion includes both hard or direct collusion and soft collusion, i.e. where a player acts differently against different opponents within the same game because of external influence.
20. UNFAIR ADVANTAGE PROGRAMS
20.1 You are not allowed to use any application, program or software, or any other advantage by external factors, to automatically play, including without limitation a robot, when using any of our products. Any such use will constitute a breach of these terms and without prejudice to any other right available to us we will:
- block Your access to the service and/or the network;
- terminate Your account and seize all the monies held in the account.
Read more about our specific poker related policy "Unfair Advantage Programs".
20.2 The software employed to both access and use the service contains certain features designed to detect the use of any application, program or software enabling automatic play on our website. Use of such "bot" software programs goes against our terms as we regard it as putting other players at a disadvantage.
21.1 We recognise that although for most gambling is fun, for others it can become a problem. As a result we provide a self-exclusion facility for those wanting to control their gambling. If You follow our link to our Responsible Gambling page You can review the assistance available and understand just how seriously we take this issue.
21.2 Our self- exclusion process enables You to self-exclude from Your account for a minimum period of six months and up to period of five years, as well as the option for a ‘lifetime' self-exclusion. During the chosen period You will no longer be able to access Your account and any outstanding balances will be returned to You. Returns from outstanding bets will be forwarded on request after the event has been settled.
Self-exclusion cannot be reversed or a new account opened during this period. Once the self-exclusion period has expired, Your account will remain in this status unless You contact us by telephone to reactivate it (no other method of contact is permitted for this purpose). Following this request a further 24-hour "cooling off" period must be observed before account reactivation takes place, during which time You may opt to remain self-excluded by calling us again if You so wish.
21.3 Please see our Responsible Gambling Page for information on how to request this facility. Requests will be actioned within approximately 48 hours of receipt of your completed Self-Exclusion Agreement Form and applied to all Gala Coral Group online accounts (including galacasino.com, galabingo.com, coral.co.uk and Coral Telebet) and You will be notified via e-mail (on Your external e-mail account) once the exclusion is in place.
If You are a Telebetting customer without website access and would like to request self-exclusion from Your account, please contact our Customer Services Team.
21.4 During Your self exclusion period, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that You will no longer receive marketing materials. We will also employ reasonable automated checks to endeavour to ensure that You can no longer transact with Gala Coral Group websites or the Telebetting service.
21.5 You agree that during Your period of self-exclusion, You will not attempt to try to circumvent the self-exclusion agreement by continuing to participate in gambling and betting services via Gala Coral's land based operations, Telebet service and/or online operations. In the event (or in circumstances which are beyond Gala Coral's reasonable control):
- You inadvertently receive marketing material and You continue gambling as a result; and/or
- You circumvent Your self-exclusion agreement by (including but not limited to): (i) continuing to gamble; or (ii) by opening and operating new accounts; and/ or (iii) our automated checks and/or IT or software programmes fail to recognise any attempt by You to circumvent Your self-exclusion
Gala Coral Group shall have no responsibility or liability to You or any third party, and is therefore under no obligation to return any deposits, winnings, or other funds in respect of such activity. Any online accounts found to be in breach of a self-exclusion agreement will be closed as soon as they are discovered.
21.6 As part of this process we also recommend that You self-exclude from other Operators at Your earliest opportunity. Please also refer to our Responsible Gambling page (see link provided in 21.1), where You will find additional information and a support contact number for GamCare should You wish to use the free counselling service they provide.
21.7 In addition to self exclusion, We offer a "cooling off" period. You can request cooling off for any time period from 24 hours up to 6 months. During this period all Gala Coral Group online accounts that you hold (including galacasino.com, galabingo.com, coral.co.uk and Coral Telebet) will be temporarily closed. The facility will be automatically removed upon the expiry of the period, or can be removed at any point upon request. While the cool off is in place, We will endeavour not send you any marketing material.
22. IT FAILURE
22.1 If the software or hardware serving the website or Telebetting service experiences unexpected system flaws, faults or errors we will make reasonable endeavours to resolve the problem within an acceptable time-frame.
22.2 If Your play has been interrupted for some reason, please refer to the following product specific policies: Bingo Interrupted Gaming Policy, Poker Disconnection Policy, Casino and Games (Interrupted Gaming) Policy.
22.3 We shall not be liable to You if:
- account settlement (or other elements of the services) issues arise as a result of systems' errors, communications' errors, bugs or viruses; or
- damage to Your computer equipment or software results in a loss of data by You.
We also reserve the right to void all affected games and take necessary action to correct such errors. However we are not required to provide any back up network and/or systems or similar services.
22.4 You agree that we shall not be responsible for any loss, including loss of winnings, resulting from the website, Telebetting service or products, failing to operate correctly because of, but not limited to the following:
- any delay or interruption in operation or transmission;
- system failures, software error bugs, viruses or other faults (including errors or omissions in content);
- any loss or corruption of data or communication or lines failure;
- any person's misuse of the website (including content of such websites); or
- any other factors beyond our control.
23. ALTERATION OF THE WEBSITE
23.1 To ensure the continued provision of the website, and dependent on our good judgement, we may at any time decide to carry out software maintenance or modify any product delivered via the website.
23.2 As a result of maintenance requirements and/or a change to any of the products offered on it, we may restrict, from time to time, Your access to the website (in whole or in part). We will try, although we cannot guarantee, to undertake these modifications or maintenance requirements during times which minimise the impact upon our players.
24. THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
24.1 To enable the use of certain third party products on our website, for example download casino and download poker, the required software will need to be made available to You. We will licence, or sub-licence, this software to You depending on whether or not it is owned by a third party.
24.2 The download and terms of such software ("Third Party Software Agreement") will be made available to You at the time of download and must be accepted prior to using the software. The terms of such Third Party Software Agreements will be in addition to these terms. However if there is any inconsistency between these terms and any Third Party Software Agreement, these terms will prevail.
25. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
25.1 If events occur which are outside our reasonable control then we will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms. If any such events should arise our obligations will be suspended for the duration of the applicable event. The time for performing these obligations will then be extended by a period equivalent to the duration of such event. We will use our reasonable endeavours to resume normal operations despite the occurrence of any such event.
26.1 You acknowledge and agree that Your access to and use of the products offered via the website, and use of the Telebetting service, is at Your sole option, discretion and risk.
26.2 You further acknowledge that Your access to and use of the website, Telebetting service and products is permitted solely in strict accordance with these terms and that any winnings will only be paid if won in accordance with our terms. We will not be liable to You for any attempts to use the Telebetting service or the website using methods not intended by us or if You are otherwise in breach of these terms.
26.3 We will try to operate the Telebetting service and website using reasonable skill and care and substantially as described in these terms. You acknowledge and accept that the products and services and the corresponding website and/or Telebetting service upon which they are available are provided "as is". No warranties or representations are therefore applicable to any subsequent faults and failings.
26.4 Any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee whether express or implied (including without limitation any implied warranty of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, completeness or accuracy, uninterrupted provision, or non-infringement or warranty that the website, Telebetting service, and products and/or services available will be timely, secure or error free or that the website or applicable servers are free of viruses, bugs or other malicious programs or that their use will meet Your requirements) are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
27.1 Other than our obligation to pay You winnings which have been genuinely won in accordance with our terms and subject always to our rules, our maximum liability to You arising out of or in connection with Your access to and use of the website, the Telebetting service, and the products and/or these terms whether for breach of contract, or tort (including negligence) or otherwise will be limited:
- in respect of a single transaction in relation to which the liability in question has arisen, to the amount of bets or stakes placed by You from Your account in respect of such transaction;
in relation to any product in any period to the greater of:
- the amount of bets or stakes placed by You from Your account in relation to such product during such six month period; or
- ten thousand pounds sterling (£10,000).
27.2 Under no circumstances will we be liable to You in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise under or in connection with these terms, Your use of, or inability to use, the website or the Telebetting service, or other products or services, any of our chat rooms or any software, materials or other information on our website, or any goods, materials or services available from there, for:
- any injury, loss, claim (other than pursuant to term 27.1), loss of profits, opportunity or revenue, loss of business or agreements, loss of goodwill, loss of use or corruption of software, loss or corruption of data or loss of anticipated savings;
- loss or damage to property, or injury;
- general damages or any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind.
The above conditions are applicable even if such losses are foreseeable or if we have been notified by You of the possibility of such losses arising.
27.3 You specifically acknowledge, agree and accept that we are not liable to You for the following:
- any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any customer or third party;
- any loss, including any loss of winnings, arising from the use, abuse or misuse of Your account or any of our products and services and the corresponding website or Telebetting service, whether by You or a third party;
- any loss, including loss of winnings, incurred in the sending of information to our website or Telebetting service by You or by a third party;
- IT failures which are caused by the hardware or software equipment which You or other players are using to access the website;
- acts or omissions by Your internet service provider or other third party with whom You have contracted to gain access to the website or the internet generally;
- any technical failures, system breakdowns, defects, delays, interruptions, manipulated or improper data transmission, loss or corruption of data, communications' lines failure, distributed denial of service attacks, or bugs or viruses or any other adverse technological consequence to service;
- the accuracy, completeness or currency of any information services provided including without limitation, prices, runners, times, results or general statistics or any live scores, statistics and intermediate results shown on our website;
- any failure on our part to observe any self-exclusion policies that we may reasonably have in place from time to time and any failure on our part to interact with You where we may have concerns about Your activities;
- any link contained, or the website or content contained, on any internet sites linked to and from the website.
27.4 Nothing in these terms shall operate so as to exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for fraud.
28. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
28.1 You acknowledge and agree that the following intellectual property rights which include but are not limited to Intellectual Property on our website, in our e-mails and in any other correspondence, shall at all times remain vested in us or our licensors:
- any trademarks, logos and trade names;
- domain names, database rights and all related software, including content published or used on it.
28.2 All website material, including design, text, graphics, music, sound, photographs, video, including their selection and arrangement, software compilations, underlying source code and software are the copyright of a member of Gala Coral Group, or its applicable licensors.
28.3 You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, personal licence to such intellectual property rights for the sole purpose of displaying this website on Your personal computer and for transacting with it in strict accordance with these terms. Any other use of such material and content ("Material") is strictly prohibited. In particular You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit, tamper with or create derivative works of such material.
28.4 If any of the website material is downloadable or can be printed, then such material can only be downloaded to a single personal computer and hard copies may only be printed for Your own personal and non-commercial use. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to You by downloading.
28.5 You may not transfer, copy, reproduce, distribute, exploit or make any other use of this website material other than to display on Your device screen or to view the content on a print out. Our website must not be linked to any other website without our permission.
28.6 In order to use some of our products and services You may need to download software. Applicable third party terms are detailed in term 24 (Third Party Software).
28.7 The licence granted to You to use any software or products on or available from our website, whether obtained electronically or by other means, shall automatically terminate if You attempt to or reverse engineer, counterfeit, mutilate, forge, alter or otherwise tamper with the same in any way, or You are otherwise in breach of these terms.
28.8 In addition, any use by You or a third party of the products on the website or Telebetting service will be considered void if such use is illegal, mechanically or electronically reproduced, if not obtained through legitimate channels or if such use contain printing, production, typographical, mechanical, electronic or any other errors.
28.9 We will not be liable to You for any losses nor be liable to pay You any winnings if we have reasonable cause to believe that You have engaged in any activity prohibited by this term 28.
29. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
29.1 This Agreement and all other additional terms are governed by the laws of Gibraltar.
29.2 The courts of Gibraltar shall have the non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes relating to these terms. All other disputes should be dealt with by our Complaints and Disputes procedure.
30.1 If we do not enforce the carrying out of any of Your obligations or if we do not apply any of our permitted rights or remedies we shall not be prevented from enforcing such rights or remedies or requiring You to fulfil Your obligations moving forward.
31.1 If any of these terms are deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then they shall be severable from the rest of these terms. Any term/s which is deemed severable shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms.
32. ADDITIONAL TERMS
32.1 These terms, and all the associated documents referred to in these terms, comprise the entire agreement between us and supersede all prior communications and understandings relating to the subject matter of our relationship.
32.2 A verbal or written declaration by any employee or agent of Gala Coral Group of companies should not be regarded as a variation of these terms or an authorised statement relating to product or service quality. We shall have no liability to You for any unauthorised statement except where fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation can be demonstrated.
32.3 No person other than members of Gala Coral Group of companies shall have the right to enforce these terms or bring an action under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.